MD

katerinabila
Posted on Oct 6, 2021
For normal sleep and nervous system

Glycine is an amino acid, that can help to improve your sleep, memory, protect kidneys. Glycine is also one of three amino acids , that your body uses to build glutathione- a powerful antioxidant , that can protect your cells from the damage, underlie many diseases. 2g of Glycine is my dose during 2-3 month, then I have a break. I have 2 kids and sometimes they make me crazy, so I support my organism, nerves with this supplement.

Posted on Apr 22, 2022

Have sued this product for years and had usually purchased form Vitacost, but they have been out of stock for a very long time so I thought to check iherb…and there it was! I use this for uninterrupted sleep and it works great with no side affects. Recommended to me by a naturalist over 15 years ago. So glad it’s in stock again.

alloriginal
Posted on Mar 15, 2022

Glycine is a non-essential amino acid which is useful to us a supplement in several ways. As a building block of glutathione it can assist in your body's natural repair and detoxification. It is also super helpful at the end of the day. I make a warm glass of water in which I put 2 grams of glycine, one gram of taurine, and 200mg of magnesium. If using capsules instead of powder, try 2. I drink it down about an hour before bed and it always leaves me feeling pleasantly drowsy. I hope this helps!

Vasylyna
Posted on Oct 30, 2021

Glycine is the major inhibitory neurotransmitter in the brainstem and spinal cord, where it participates in a variety of motor and sensory functions. Glycine stimulates the production of serotonin, the "feel-good" hormone that helps elevate mood, improve sleep quality, and enhance cognition and memory. I was giving this to my daughter who has a neurological condition but didn't see any changes.

Posted on May 5, 2022

Glycine is a simple protein that your body can make itself; however, certain people can get benefits from ingesting glycine supplements. Glycine has been show to increase the release of the hormone that increases glycogen conversion to glucose. This has the potential to increase blood sugar levels in people. I am training for a marathon and blood sugar has been a concern during my long training runs (10+ miles) and will be a major concern on race day itself. I have taken one capsule in the morning and I take an additional capsule after a run (I do not take a second capsule on days where I do not run). Taking too many has resulted in me getting very sleepy. After the marathon, I do not plan to continue the supplement except when planning long training runs. Glycine has also been show to assist in the digestion of other foods and can be combined with other supplements to aid in their absorption.

Posted on Dec 6, 2021

Excellent product! Helps me to fall asleep in an hour after taking the recommended dose. Was delivered on time! No issues with the packaging or the quality! Highly recommend!

Posted on Mar 15, 2022

Glycine is needed for producing GABA which is calming and promotes sleep. Also great for skin

Posted on Mar 1, 2021

This product was recommended by my healthcare practitioner. For the brain, and nervous system, and also for a better sleep. It works, but I will come back with more details later. No side effects!

f73a36bd-38b3-41ea-90b1-1944864d01f5
Posted on Jun 27, 2021

I'm an insomniac. My doctor prescribed 1.5mg of clonazepam for sleep and that helps but the sleep quality isn't the best. I bought this because it is suppose to improve sleep quality if taken in doses of between 3-5 grams. I take 10000mg (5 grams) an hour before bed (that's 20 capsules) along with 200mg of l-theanine and my clonazepam and it improves my sleep quality quite a bit. It should be noted that glycine doesn't pass the blood brain barrier in small doses, but it does in large doses. I'm not sure about the exact mechanism on how it improves sleep quality but it has to something to do with serotonin.