MD

Posted on Jun 13, 2022

Alpha-lipoic acid supposedly helps stabilize blood sugar and reduce pain and reduce sciatica pain. It's an antioxidant found naturally in the body and foods and helps break down carbohydrates to create energy in the body. I haven't noticed a marked difference yet, like with most of my energy/mitochondria supplements, but I do feel reduced fatigue over the last month and I hope that with longterm use, I'll be able to update on even more benefits.

Posted on Aug 11, 2022

ALA is suggested for heavy metal detoxification, in particular for supporting the mercury (Hg) detoxifying process. So ALA is chelator and it can cause a migraine if you have a high level of heavy metals in the body

Posted on Jan 30, 2022

I have parosmia - a side effect of COVID-19. Alpha lipoic acid is strong antioxidants, so I decided to buy one package to try. At this time I notice little improvements about my sense of smell. At first I used to take one capsule in the morning before breakfast, but that has caused a heartburn so I've started to take it with a meal. 200 mg is the smallest amount of ALA and I think I should take a stronger one for parosmia or two capsules fer a day. Capsules are not big. I will order another pack again.

Posted on Aug 6, 2022

Posted on Jul 19, 2022

Kudos to Solgar on their glass packaging! I often remove supplements from the capsules to consume (due to sensitivities to numerous additional ingredients). This product did result in a burning sensation in my throat and stomach when removed, yet no issue when taken in capsule form. Will purchase again.

Posted on Sep 27, 2021

Great price on this product, and the delivery is always quick. These are glass bottles and are securely wrapped to prevent breakage. I have bought this product from iHerb a number of times, and will continue to do so.

Posted on Sep 19, 2021

Taking this for my mouth burning as recommended by my doctor. So far no discomfort in my stomach and will try for a month to see if there is any change.

This iHerb product is what we really need and the quality is top tier. we will buy again and thank you Iherb.

Posted on Jul 15, 2022

As always, Solgar as a great product that helps with my cardiovascular health,

Posted on Jul 12, 2022

This strengthens my immune system and comes in easy to swallow capsules.