MD

CozyCristina
Posted on Sep 3, 2021
The best agar I have tried for desserts!

I have tried making zephyr (Russian marshmallow) at home so many times and failed each time. My zephyr turned out just perfect the first time I used this agar! I am in love. Can’t wait to try more recipes. You can use it as a vegan substitute for gelatin, I believe. Also, look up Birds Milk cake recipe with agar - delicious Russian cake!

d87aa7f2-fd43-4b57-a50f-1ca3b87f30da
Annyan
Posted on Feb 4, 2022

Very good agar-agar, I use it to make desserts instead of gelatine. It's very convenient because agar-agar doesn't melt at room temperature, unlike gelatine. And I like the fact that agar-agar is made from seaweed and not from cow's bones. The packaging is handy and the product lasts a long time.

Posted on Dec 21, 2021

Size: 2 Ounce (Pack of 1)Verified Purchase This stuff works great for making vegan jello! I wanted to give people a heads up about the recipe on the bottle though. It recommends using 2 tablespoons of agar agar to one pint of juice, which I tried, and the jello turned out crazy hard and unappealing. After finding some other recipes online, I've been making jello with just 1/2 teaspoon of agar agar to one pint of juice (so, 1/12 the amount of agar agar) and it's worked well. Maaaybe I would up it to 3/4 teaspoon. Anyway, I just regret that I unnecessarily used up so much of the agar agar following the recipe on the bottle! You don't need that much.

Posted on Nov 12, 2021

I am making vegan desserts, and agar from Now, works wonderful. This homemade aquafaba soufle cake was a total succes! Thank you for finding useful my review! 👍

a0880cc0-b3ba-4446-a6e3-53fa9d80b1e1
Posted on Jul 29, 2022

Posted on Jun 6, 2022

I was looking for a more natural substitute for gelatin and came across this agar powder. I use it for my panna cotta deserts and it does a great job thickening it. I think it’s a pretty good quality for money. It doesn’t add any taste to my deserts which I appreciate, so I’ll definitely order again.

Posted on Jul 14, 2022

Great product for vegans and vegetarians. A very good price for the amount of servings in the bottle. I use this a lot and is flavorless.

Posted on Jun 26, 2022

very good product with vegan ingredients gelatin, used it to make cheesecake and it didn’t leave any weird flavor or anything. good quality, highly recommended!!

Posted on Jun 19, 2022

I use this in my coconut mylk yogurt every time. I think it works well with the pro-bios and gives a nice, thick result. Have to put it in the blender for smoothness, though.