MD

Based on 6,498 Ratings
4,661
1,184
Posted on Aug 15, 2022
Excellent protection from mosquitoes!

The scent reminds me lemongrass but it is MUCH stronger. The main reason i bought it, was to make mosquitoes not interested in my O - type blood (it's their favorite, so you know...) in a most natural and human way. :) I don't put it on my skin, i use a small brown glass jar (not plastic, it's not suitable with oils) with a little bit of water in it (hot or warm), and a drop or two of citronella essential oil, a drop of lavender oil and sometimes jasmine scent. I put it near me when i work (on my desk) near the bed at night (but not to close to it, the smell is strong). That's how I use it, but i am in no way shape or form a professional. It's a good price for a big size bottle (30 ml), and "now foods" always has great and well sealed package, for their essential oils. If my opinion helped you, please like :)

bde20f1a-3f35-448d-858b-cdabc6fcd022
2b8e5983-0061-4ea1-b5ec-3591ce99b5d5

As with all the other NOW Foods essential oils I’ve tried, this oil is extremely powerful and only needs to be used very sparingly. It smells very similar to lemon grass, and the scent fills the air as soon as you open the bottle. By itself, it may smell a bit too much like bug spray for some, but it blends well with other essential oils. I use it either in an aromatherapy diffuser or blended with a carrier oil such as NOW Solutions Sweet Almond Oil for direct application to skin, scalp and hair. A 1 oz (30 ml) bottle lasts a very long time, even when used daily.

5817d818-d219-4f34-8c67-a1e0c9629334
6846dc18-1c2b-40f9-880b-cc3256c9732d
91edb197-e5d3-4c16-b493-5ca3fb02f5b8
cd884521-a984-4019-9718-e49fe2154237
Posted on Jan 1, 2022

Am the kind that attracts mozzie. Living low floor really doesn't helps any better. After reading up essential oil scent that repeal insects,I decided to give it a try. Now I'm hooked. A few drops of lavender and citronella or cedarwood, interchangable, gives me a good night sleep with no bites. Loving it to bits. citronella smell can come very strong and pungent. good to mix it up and tone it down a notch. Works equally good

145c26e1-315a-4eec-ba7b-d481096233a1
Posted on Dec 12, 2021
1,638

Really like the richness of the product - the smell is amazing and it’s definitely high quality. Been using it for my baths and I also add a few drops to my air humidifier along with lavender (may not be compatible with every air humidifier; doing research first is advised) and that citrusy smell it gives is just everything… which does remind me of lemongrass a lot, but has its own zest (no pun intended). Speaking of the smell, if you get bothered by mosquitos and stuff at night, this smell makes them insects go MIA... Highly recommend this oil to everyone! P.S. don’t forget to ✨thumbzzz upp✨ if you like my review

a38bf249-1748-43bf-8cc6-ef1bc78f9dc9
Posted on Jul 28, 2022

Very strong scent. Like a more chemical and less sweet lemongrass. It can be off putting for someone new to this scent. I put about 5 drops on cotton ball and place it near open windows to keep bugs out. Cheap and good quality as always love NOW essential oils.

Posted on May 25, 2022

After reading of the benefits of citronella and how it often repels insects, I bought this to put in my spray deodorant so I could not only smell lemony fresh but keep bugs away during these hot months. It came just in time and worked well I suppose because on multiple days I had no bug marks after a full day outside.

Posted on May 12, 2022

Like the scent of it. I use it for pest deterrent. I add it to dried rose and chrysanthemum buds, rice, cotton balls to make sachets in order to deter pests. I hang them by the windows and put them in kitchen. Just 20 drops plus other essential oils like lemongrass and lemon eucalyptus (also from this brand) would work. The scent lasts for a week or so then it's time to refill again.

Posted on Apr 25, 2022

I love how I can find Now citronella here. It's been really potent. I add it to a spray bottle with water and shake it then spray it unto screen doors so the mosquitos don't come near. It also deters flies and other bugs. You can add some lavender too. But you gotta reapply once every few weeks. Highly recommend.

Posted on Jan 10, 2022

I am obsessed with Citronella smells which is amazing, refreshing, uplifting, gives me a good feeling, protected me from any bites. I have been a faithful fans of Now Food Brand for years. This is one of the best items from its brand. If my review useful, please share and like. Thank you :-)

Posted on Dec 24, 2021

It's perfect .. I use it as insects repellent ... works great I add it to wax and make candles I wish there is a video posting option so I can show how I use it. please like my review if you think it is useful You need to apply it every 3 hours please like my comment if you it is useful

1a4ff64f-c31c-451d-9fd2-673eae263b61