MD

Posted on Apr 27, 2022

It is the first time I am using any kind of neurotransmitter support supplements so I probably need to "experiment" with the dose and when I take it. What I can say now is that if taken before bedtime I can't sleep at all. 200 mg capsule taken during the day makes me sleepy and totally unwilling to work :)

Posted on Apr 20, 2022

I have been using 5-HTP since 2010 and I cannot live without it. My perfect amount has always been 200mg every other day. It has regulated my appetite and if I quit taking it (or forget), after a few days I get binge-crazy and dream all night about gorging myself. I do also feel it has somewhat boosted my mood as well, as I used to be very low mood all of the time, so I figure I must have some kind of natural serotonin deficiency. This has been a godsend for me. I used to take the more expensive Natrol time release 200mg, but I switched to this a year ago and it works exactly the same.

Posted on Apr 7, 2022

Good value for money on what it often an expensive product, tolerated well on an empty stomach in the morning, and doesn’t make me sleepy in the day. Seems to give a slight protection to the mental state, just a more general positive outlook throughout the day. I think it could help people with slight low mood, especially in the mornings. No real effect noticeable when taken at night as recommended however, but I also don’t respond to melatonin so it may work for others.

Posted on Mar 26, 2022

I tried this as a part of my amino acid therapy which was going great until major stressful situations got to me and now it feels like the effects of this supplement were reversed and it didn't actually help that much. But all in all, if you're not a special (anxiety, OCD) ridden case and you need something that will make more relaxed, this is wonderful. Also, I have noticed that my memory has improved (VASTLY) and it is easier for me to focus.

Posted on Mar 24, 2022

Do not take 5-HTP if you’re taking other medications that increase serotonin levels, such as antidepressants like SSRIs and MAO inhibitors. Use caution when taking carbidopa, a medication for Parkinson’s disease. 5-HTP is not recommended for people with Down syndrome, as it has been linked to seizures. Also, do not take 5-HTP less than two weeks before surgery as it may interfere with some drugs commonly used during surgical procedures. 5-HTP may interact with other medications as well. As with any supplement, be sure to check with your doctor before starting something new.

Posted on Nov 30, 2021

I have been taking for 16 years and i also have recommended this product to several others as its a good alternative to antidepressants without the horrible side effects. I like NOW brand its been good for me and good for others as well. I keep myself stocked up on this product as its good for lots of things other than depression

Posted on Aug 5, 2022

I love this product - quality and the ingredients are perfect. Size of the capsule is easy to swallow. I always take it before bedtime and it improves my sleep. Has great benefits on my mood and stress levels. I like that this amino acids improve my cravings for sweet and also improving serotonin levels.

Posted on May 22, 2022

I like this one because of ingredients. It also has B vitamins for nervous system. we use it with my mom. I really sleep better and feel the difference when not taking. For my mom it gives more energy in the morning as she says. Size is possible to swallow. I am bought it several times.

Posted on Apr 16, 2022

The size is average and has no taste or smell. When I started using it I had some nightmares at the start, but then i started to feel o lot better. My mood is more stable and in general I feel a lot happier. My sleep schedule now is better and I feel energized after sleep.

Great product at a great price. I use a lot of products from Now Foods and trust the brand. I noticed a difference in my sleep and resulting mood/energy with a few days of using in conjunction with a couple of other complimentary products. Highly recommend to others experiencing sleep/mood/energy issues.