MD

Posted on Mar 15, 2022
Great size dose, quality product.

I love that I found r-ALA in a decent sized dose. It works out as good value if you need more than 100 mg at a time. I'm using it to help with nerve isssues due to Sjogren's. I feel it's helping with energy too. Bonus! Here's an observation. With regular alpha lipoic acid I experienced headaches so I didnt take it for years, even though it was reccomended. With this quality product I've experienced no negatives. Very happy customer here.

Posted on Jan 17, 2022

My own personal experience - I bought this when the other product I usually used to buy was out of stock - and I was amazed how my skin looked so soft and fresh after several weeks. What a pleasant surprise. And Yes, ofourse I will continue to buy and use it as there's nothing like your eyes to see impact...

Posted on Jan 16, 2022

A powerhouse antioxidant, this product delivers all it promises and more. After a month of regular use have noticed marked improvements in mobility, mental acuity, the texture of my skin is much softer and firmer and I have an abundance of energy than I haven't had in a long time. Definitely a keeper!

Posted on Jan 10, 2022

I have taken it for 3 months as per my nutritionist's prescription. R-lipoic acid is more effective and bioavailable form of alpha-lipoic acid. I was lucky to not have side effects. What I liked about this supplement I had more energy during the day when I was taking it.

I like this brand, they make super high-quality supplements. This is a very strong antioxidant and it’s super good for fighting free radicals. I bought this product to help my body get rid of mercury and other heavy metals and support its vitality. I bought this one since R lipoid acid is absorbed better by the body than the other “non R” alpha lipoid acid. It has a high content of 240 mg which is super great. Easy to swallow, average sized capsules, not too large. It has no funny flavor to it. I take 1, sometimes 2 per day, with Vitamin C or Zeolite. I was recommended to purchase it for heavy metal detox by the Chelation Protocol. Its price is a bit expensive for only 60 capsules but you get 240 mg for each of them and it’s cheaper on iHerb than in drugstores where I live. So it’s kind of fair. I like their blue packaging, it’s easy to open. Bottom line, it’s very recommended for metal detox and it has many health benefits. Please do not raise the price!

Posted on Sep 19, 2021

R-Lipoic-Acid gave me the energy and mental sharpness I never had before. I often feel hungry quickly after eating, and I suspect it has something to do with insulin sensitivity. This is no longer the problem after consuming R-Lipoic-Acid; I stay full longer, and best of all, I don't crave desserts anymore! What I'm planning to do next is to keep eating R-Lipoic-Acid for 3 months and confirm the result through the HbA1C test. P/S: The R-Lipoic-Acid makes my urine smell differently though. Not a big deal given the benefits, but keep that in mind if you're planning to start taking them. Good luck!

Posted on Sep 13, 2021

Have been taking Alpha Lipoic Acid for blood sugar balance for years according to Dr. Perricone's suggestions for helping with metabolic syndrome. Recently did some research about the various types and felt that the R-Lipoic would be a better, more effective choice. Currently alternating between the two until my current supply of Alpha Lipoic is used up, then plan to go exclusively with the R-Lipoic.

Posted on Sep 12, 2021

High quality RLipoic Acid. I've been taking it on an empty stomach for the last couple of weeks and my energy has improved a lot. i hope this same improvement is also happening on a celular level. Don't be alarmed by a different smell of urine, it is caused by the acid but is harmless. I will definitely order again. Thanks iHerb for stocking this product.

Posted on Jun 2, 2022

It hasn’t been a long time since I’ve been using it, but I’ve performed a research about this supplement and it turned out to be very beneficial as it reduce inflammation and skin aging, promote healthy nerve function, lower heart disease risk factors, and slow the progression of memory loss disorders. And the active moiety is the R- form which is great. Just make sure you if you suffer from any of the following , avoid taking it : Liver disease. Consumption of large amounts of alcohol. Diabetic (ALA is known to lower blood's sugar) A thyroid disorder, or. A thiamine deficiency. ALSO Take care that it interacts with some medications/supplements such as : devil's claw, fenugreek, garlic, guar gum, horse chestnut, Panax ginseng, psyllium, and Siberian ginseng, Aspirin Low Strength (aspirin) I hope that was helpful

69fda24f-eebf-4cbd-8333-1e872cf55230
Posted on Dec 25, 2021

My eye doctor recommended it to me for eye health, but I think this makes me feel better in general. For example, I think I get less muscle pain and faster recovery from muscle pain after a hard workout at the health club. And I think it helps with general inflammation problems I have. Anything that makes me feel better I like!