MD

Based on 1,753 Ratings
1,302
Posted on Sep 22, 2022
6,711

I have to say that Benfotiamine B1 is phenomenal! I took it to help with my peripheral neuropathy and was shocked when it made a difference almost immediately. I don't think it normally helps that fast but I did some more research and found out it is also a mild vasodilator. The extra blood flow helps stop the tingling and also stops my feet from getting freezing cold at night when I'm sleeping. Thank goodness I found this! And as an added bonus I'm finding it helps with depression. I'm on antidepressants that have a lot of side effects, and I've been able to cut back on them because B1 helps produce more serotonin (augmenting the effectiveness of my medication). I can't say enough good things about Benfotiamine, and this brand is obviously good quality because it works great! I take 1 capsule twice a day.

Posted on Nov 2, 2022

Since a family member with Parkinson's started taking this, along with two other supplements I'm reviewing here, the severe tremors have all but left. When I didn't order more in time, there was a gap of about 7 days. Tremors returned. New order arrived, I gave the family member his first few doses, and within 12 hours, tremors reduced by about 70%. Within 24 hours, tremors again, all but gone. The three supplements seem to be working synergistically.

Posted on Jul 22, 2022

Posted on May 27, 2022

Helps with Blood glucose and also kidney, function improvements, as this is a fat soluble vitamin and a very important one as this Thiamine is needed for diabetics. Metformin depletes Thiamine, so its vitally important if your a diabetic or have kidney disease you protect your body as without kidneys your heart can not work and without Thiamine, you can get Dry or Wet Beri Beri - helped me to control my numbers and improved my blood glucose and also kidney function at the same time, take with coq10 and magnesium and Vitamin d3 for ultimate protection.

Posted on May 21, 2022

Vitamin B1 is involved in keeping the lining of the blood vessels strong. Without vitamin B1, you could have a problem with your blood vessels. The blood vessels support the nervous system. If you don’t get blood supply to the nerve, it decreases the oxygen to the nervous system causing a range of problems.

I'm very satisfied with the results from this product. I've never been calmer in my life (I only take 1 capsule a day, with a meal). I’ll be taking it for the rest of my life for sure. And to be honest I haven't noticed difference between this Benfotiamine (and much cheaper water soluble B1 supplement) but I’m sticking with this fat soluble version of B1.

Nora
Posted on Jan 28, 2022

I have been using B complex for my neuropathy symptoms until I found out that the B6 vitamin in those complexes can cause neuropathy by itself. Therefore, using Benfotiamine might be wiser. It’s the more effective and absorbable form of B1, has been demonstrated in clinical research to lower neuropathic pain and is much safer than formulas containing vitamin B6.

Posted on Dec 20, 2021

This actually does help with nerve pain, neuropathy and such. Vitamin B1 is generally water soluble so it flushes out of the system easily. Benfotiamine is a fat soluble type, which works great. If you eat a high carb diet, you'll be using up most of your B1 just to digest the carbs. Add this to offset the loss.

Posted on Dec 7, 2022

B1 is so important for so many functions, it can help with gut motility and is the main reason I take b1. This supplement has changed my life and I have not had an issue with gut motility in months! I will continue to take Mega Benfotiamine for as long as I need, it is worth every penny!

Posted on Nov 4, 2022

Great for nerve issues. I was one of the unfortunate ones who got the long haul neurological/nerve issues as a result of the vaccine. This along with alpha lipoic acid helped me to make a full recovery from the peripheral neuropathy in my hands and feet. High dosage quality product with actual benefits. Thanks iherb.