MD

• S
Based on 1,059 Ratings
Posted on Apr 20, 2022
Good natural shampoo!

This is the first time I use bar shampoo. Honestly you won’t have to get used to it at first, but i lt certainly cleanses away oil and dirt. It makes my hair quite dry at first cause I don’t really use conditioner, but I think this is good for those oily type like me. It is surpisingly a small bar, but I think will be enough for several uses. The smell is like herb, almost odorless, so if you’re a fan of fragrant shampoos, this may not be for you. I will update my review for the next weeks of using it.

8d77ace5-3abc-46cb-9683-3b80985ee485
Posted on Aug 17, 2022

Posted on Feb 13, 2022
1,484
1,302

I bought this on the spur of the moment, as I needed a shampoo. It foams up well, rinses out easily, and I haven't noticed anything negative. There is no special aroma. Finding a place to keep it once it is out of the packet is the main problem. I'd recommend it, especially if you are looking for something compact and portable.

Posted on Jan 25, 2022

I've used it over 2 years and I really like this product. Changing to shampoo bar is a simple step to reduce plastic bottles. My hair designer hasn't complained about a condition of my hair after I started using this bar :) I'd like to share how I use this soap in the bathtub. Foaming net helps me make bubble easily, and holder lets the soap and net dry completely. To be honest, I need to use conditioner once a week during the winter time as my hair becomes frizzy, but, overall, I highly recommend this shampoo bar!

Posted on Nov 29, 2022

Lovely smell, nice texture and makes my hair easier to deal with. I also like that it has paper packaging, and that it is solid, so that it lasts longer, and if I have to take it with me, I can do it easily (no droppings, liquids in the airplane package, etc.)

Posted on Nov 7, 2022

I researched a lot before this purchase. Had used other shampoo bars and not really liked them. Had previously tried another olive oil soap too. This bar is my favourite brand and formula for now. I have oily top, dry ends, thin hair that's going grey. I don't always use a conditioner after. My scalp likes it too! I've used the herb and the peppermint versions. It's hard to say which I like better as I forget (when it's in the shower you don't see the packaging anymore lol). It might be the peppermint one I like very slightly better.

Posted on Oct 21, 2022

This is my second time buying this product and I love it. Gets my hair as clean or cleaner than bottled brands. Shampoo foams up into a really thick lather and you can either rub the bar on hands and then massage into hair, or rub bar directly into hair. First bar lasted me about a year, although I was occasionally using a different shampoo (to use up a previous product) and I wash my hair every second or third day. But still, great value and no plastic packaging! Basically no smell; the bar itself has a subtle herbal scent, very natural, not perfumey, but doesn't leave much scent in my hair, very neutral and good if you are sensitive to smells. Great quality and doesn't dry my scalp.

Posted on Oct 21, 2022

I had previously tried their moisturizing formula and loved it. I decided to try this one because I love an herby smell, and know that the herbs included in this one are good for minimizing hair loss. It feels basically the same as the moisturizing formula, and only has a slightly herbal smell. I love how these bar soaps seem to keep my hair cleaner for longer--probably because they don't strip my hair of oils and thus don't stimulate excess oil production. I have fine, oily hair and I definitely need to use a conditioner with this as otherwise my hair would be too heavy and tangly. But even so I will absolutely stick with this brand! I love the paper packaging and that it's all-natural, too.

Posted on Sep 25, 2022

I stopped buying plastic bottles of shampoo about 8 years ago and have tried all of the different bars that J.R. Liggett's makes. I've also tried other brands, but I keep coming back to this particular one. I find that the Herbal Formula works best for my hair and our hard water. My scalp doesn't feel greasy and my hair feels soft and not frizzy. I also love the scent of this shampoo bar compared to the others and the lather is insane. Hair feels squeaky clean afterwards, and one bar lasts for months if kept in a soap dish that drains well!

Posted on Jul 10, 2022

I bough it thinking of a camping trip , no need to carry bottles , risk of leaks . Had to try it before and never looked back! My scalp feels good, not dry or itchy which I get sometimes after some shampoo. Hair is smooth and clean feel to it with nice scent lingering after the rinse. I wish it package was a big bigger.