MD
4.1

4.1
Posted on Sep 14, 2022

This was the first bar shampoo I ever tried, so I didn't know what to expect. First, the paper packaging is adorable, I love that it's good for the environment and that the ingredients are paraben-free. I am really impressed! I have oily hair (have to wash it every day, if I'm leaving the house, even though I know everyone says it's best not to). However, the day after I had used this shampoo, my hair was not as oily as it usually is the next morning. I suspect that it's because this shampoo doesn't strip the natural oils and thus stimulate more oil production. As far as the day of using it goes, I just rub it over my wet scalp and it seems to foam up well. I definitely need a conditioner after as otherwise it feels sort of heavy and tangly, but after conditioning it feels fine. I am really happy with this shampoo--a bar shampoo convert!

Posted on Jul 23, 2022

A nice plastic-free alternative to shampoo in a bottle. One or two "swipes" across my hair and after massaging it in, brings up a good lather, so very economical and great value in that sense. The scent is gentle but nice. Good to use every day. I'm careful to leave it out of the shower spray and on a soad dish so it doesn't melt away and shorten its lifespan, but it seems to be lasting just a long as other shampoo, but for the same price (or cheaper), so good value.

Posted on May 12, 2022

I love shampoo bars and bar soap because a) you get more concentrated product for your money and b) I'm not using plastic that pollutes the oceans. I wash my hair 2-3 times a week, and this bar lasts me about six to eight months, maybe even longer. If this review helped you, please give it a thumbs up! I have thick, coarse hair, which tends to be on the dry side. This shampoo bar leaves it clean without it feeling stripped. The scent is mild to nonexistent and the price is great. As others have noted, it is perfect for travelling and camping. Also works great on dogs! Mine have very thick fur and it took handfuls of liquid shampoo to get them clean. Meanwhile, a few good swipes of this shampoo bar lathers them up much more efficiently and cheaply.

Posted on Dec 11, 2021

I really like this. I thought at first that my hair would be dry because it seemed to get squeaky clean, but once I lather up I let out sit for a few minutes and use a simple conditioner after and my hair never feels stripped of its oils. There is no lasting scent. I used to use a fancier bar shampoo that cost a lot more, but the only difference is the scent and not the quality. For reference, my hair is long and untreated and I’m middle-aged with a lot of wavy thin hair and some grey.

Posted on Oct 24, 2022

Having sensitive skin and severe allergic reactions to almost all other products out there, I was happy to find this. It foams up nicely, washes my hair and scalp squeaky clean, and it is safe for my use! I have not used anything else for several years and I am still happy with it. The bars last a long time and go a long way.

Posted on Oct 9, 2022

I have very dry long naturally curly hair. Also a dry scalp. This doesn't dry my hair out.. I use the moisturizing formula.. My scalp is so much happier since I started using this years ago. I do use various conditioners afterwards most of the time. To keep my hair tangle free and to keep my ends nice. I buy these months in advance and unwrap them so they dry out some. This makes them last longer. I also, once the bar is real skinny and at breaking condition.. I get a new one out and wet it, rub it to get a little lather up, then adhere the old onto the new. Once dry it becomes one with the new bar. There is no waste when using these bars. I love that.

Posted on Aug 15, 2022

Posted on Apr 5, 2022

I did not find this more moisturizing than the original bar. The original bar also smelled so good and this one hardly has a scent, so I will not be repurchasing. I still appreciate the plastic free packaging though and it did leave my hair and scalp squeaky clean. These bars are of good quality, but not for people who wash their hair daily, since it is technically soap(saponified olive oil is main ingredient.) for people who wash their hair every week, this is perfect.

Posted on Mar 31, 2022

This product is superb. It looks like soap but is not actually. It leaves the hair soft and sleek like a good traditional shampoo. It works well with my bleached hair and sensitive scalp. I've tried a lot of solid shampoos, and this one shares first place with another product. Highly recommend!

Posted on Feb 26, 2022

I love this product. I used the moisturising formula for my beard and bald scalp without irritation so far. It smells good with all natural ingredients, and there's no plastic packaging. The only negative it's size - I was hoping for a larger bar - but will definitely be buying this product again.