MD
4.8

4.8
earnamii
Posted on Nov 24, 2022

I've been suffering from bloating and unnecessary cravings in the past few weeks, which affected my hormonal balance. I've heard nothing but good things with digestive bitters so I tried Flora because of the reviews...and boy, lemme tell you, I have less and less sugar/sweet cravings by the day. I take it before meals. Obviously it tastes bitter as the name provides but it's definitely worth it. Will definitely purchase again!

907a143f-c1e9-4828-853a-69c7bd02fa65

I have used this on and off for years whenever I think I need a tune up. It's the best brand out there for bitters. I don't mind the taste but I know some people who can't stand it. If you buy it and it tastes like nasty gross stuff, don't worry that it's a bad bottle...it's just suppose to taste that bad.

Posted on Apr 13, 2022
1,102

it is very bitter and impossible to drink undiluted. i add 5ml to cup of water. i take it after meals and i noticed that i have less gases and bloating. the taste is bitter, but aftertaste is nice, herbal, rooty. it has very gentle laxative effect, not too much.

Posted on Mar 15, 2022
1,342

My doctor recommended this otherwise I wouldn’t have trusted the claims. It tastes terrible but I appreciate it isn’t alcohol based like other formulas are. I take it with a spoonful of applesauce which disguises the flavor. Along with other meds I take, including IBGard (peppermint oil), helps alleviate Irritable Bowel symptoms.

Posted on Nov 1, 2022

It tastes pretty strong but it’s worth it. I don’t have enough stomach acid and it leads to poor digestion, bloating and burping during ans after every meal (even a small snack). I’ve been taking this 10mins before each meal and my digestion has greatly improved. Only con is that you need to refrigerate it once open so you can take it with you at restaurants etc (in those cases I use digestive enzyme pills instead).

Posted on Oct 16, 2022

Swedish bitters sell in a little bottles, so I order 3 of them. I noticed a decrease in sweet consumption after one month of use. I tried to use one teaspoon before meals, if I ate out, I skipped taking it. Sometimes I forgot about it and took a teaspoon with a meal or after I ate. At first, the taste seemed bitter and intolerable, but when the craving for sweets became less, the taste was no longer intolerable. I think Swedish bitters is working well for me. I recommend it if you want to reduce sugar in your life.

Posted on Oct 12, 2022
4,070

Posted on Jul 30, 2022

Taking half a teaspoon before a heavy meal. Has a nice relaxing feeling and stress relief effect that I didn’t expect! Seems to prevent bloating after food. Doesn’t taste great because it’s bitters! So don’t expect that it will be a lovely taste. Worth it and will repurchase!

Posted on May 30, 2022

This is good for digestion and gerd however it contains senna so your bowls will be moving with each dose. My intention for the bitters was to help me get off of ppis after years of taking them. These bitters help but cannot use it them because it causes loose bowels from the senna

Posted on Oct 10, 2022

It is a very potent variation of the Swedish Bitter recipe however it contains Senna which is not included in the original literature of herbalist Maria Treben. It is quite bitter in taste, so it may be best to drink in a little water or juice. Senna is not harmful, but when used longer-term it can cause the intestine to become 'lazy (which is not harmful, but it could be a cause for bowel habits irregularities!) since it is a herb used for cleansing the intestine; for those that have intestinal problems. Otherwise, it is a great formula and has a lot to give, while the price is also approachable in comparison to other brands of the same recipe.