MD

Posted on Sep 25, 2021
My must have RLA!

I started taking RLA rather than ALA for my liver a few months ago with my doctor’s suggestion. I like Doctor’s Best brand for the quality, and I’ve already felt the effects. I also feel like energized since I started talking the RLA. I take one capsule when I wake up or/and before going to bed. The size of capsule is small, and no smell. Really easy to swallow. Honestly, I’ve quite satisfied with this product. It also contains bio enhanced Na-RALA. The price is reasonable. I highly recommend this RLA. I will continue buying this product.

00cbf4c3-9e48-438f-b8a9-010f409bf6c7
9b051741-32d5-4a2d-b42d-48bd6832fde7
361e496a-28c7-40dc-8c5b-8a12f574eb62
630d548a-8cbc-4591-9c3a-67bc3f800e3e
Posted on Aug 18, 2021

I take this for my liver but it has a host of beneficial properties as you can read in the other reviews. When I first started taking it a woke up with large itchy lumps on the edge of my scalp and around my eyes, I was sure there was a spider in the bed! This went on for a few days and eventually I tigged to it being the RLA, thinking it was some sort of allergic reaction, like hives, I stopped taking until my next visit with integrative doc, he said it was very unusual but suspected I had a lack of molybdenum, he was spot on, starting taking molybdenum then started back on the RLA a couple of days later and never looked back. But I once tried to up the dosage and ended up back with the hives so just be careful, hope this helps someone.

As most health conscious people with Diabetes I've read in everything about ALA, and according to all Research and Major Papers written on the subject. It's obvious that R-Lipoic Acid is the only one that Your Body utilizes (versus the S Lipoic). Doctor's Best is truly the Best (5 Stars!) when it comes to the "fillers" which are mostly all natural, but I just wish they could find a way to Stop using Silica as a filler, even it helps to all the other ingredients from sticking together.

Posted on Jan 10, 2022

A friend of mine had also had cancer and peripheral neuropathy. Due to I had a lot of chemo drugs, we can also get inflammation and that's my situation. The Lipoic acid has reduced my inflammation to a manageable level. I very really need opiates. What a game changer. any more and manage with panadol

Posted on Dec 26, 2021

Lipoic acid is a natural antioxidant and anti-inflammatory fatty acid with a suite of essential functions, from vitamin metabolism to mitochondrial respiration. Lipoic acid is an essential cofactor for mitochondrial respiratory enzymes that improves mitochondrial function. Lipoic acid exerts a “rejuvenating” impact on mitochondria by protecting them against the higher levels of ROS they produce during the aging process. Oral lipoic acid has a limited bioavailability of about 30%. Stabilized R-Lipoic Acid contains Na-RALA, the sodium salt of R-Lipoic acid (RLA). Na-RALA is in its natural and stabilized form of RLA that won't degrade at high temperatures, and is more bioavailable and biologically active.

Posted on Dec 25, 2021

A high quality, well packaged product that delivers maximum benefit when taken as the bottle instructs (on an empty stomach). This is the stabilized version of Lipoic Acid offering the highest level of absorbability. I took this together with Acetyl-L-carnitine to help improve my blood sugars and reduce my nerve pain. I am pleased with the results thus far and would definitely order it again.

Posted on Dec 11, 2021

I have been taking this R-Lipoic acid for years just for added protection against high blood sugars and metabolic problems. I like it because you have to take much less of than the regular alpha lipoic acids--it's more bioavailable. Added bonus: makes skin look brighter and clearer, probably due to its antioxidant features.

Posted on Nov 16, 2021

Posted on Aug 4, 2022

I receive the recommendation from my friend who for a long time used this form of Lipoic Acid from iHerb. I confirm this recommendation. You need to know that iHerb has a smaller container - may be good to begin with, but I took this one because of a more convenient price. It was my good choice.

Posted on Jul 8, 2022

Really fantastic supplement, it did exactly what I was hoping it would. The size of the pill is also super small which makes it easy to swallow. Each pill was completely full with no air pockets meaning not only do they have ingredients, but they are also precisely dosed. Overall I am extremely happy with the quality, just a bit expensive but what can ya do.