MD
Based on 1,231 Ratings

4.7
Based on 1,231 Ratings
Posted on Nov 22, 2022

I once bought Now Food flax and was disappointed when I realised halfway through that it was a blended oil. Since then, I look carefully at the ingredients before buying. You can't tell the quality from the packet, so I've been buying from here for a few years mainly, trusting them. I eat it on yoghurt in the morning. My husband doesn't eat it because it upsets his bowel, whether it is too effective or not suitable for his constitution.

Posted on Sep 25, 2022

This is an excellent quality flax seed oil. I have used it as well as NOW brand, and they both are high quality. It's best to keep it in the frig so it stays fresh longer. This is a great source of omega 3's and helps boost estrogen, too. (So maybe not best for estrogen dominant people.) It absorbs best if mixed with food (but not heated). I drizzle 2 tablespoons over a large salad.

This is an excellent product! One tablespoon per day gives you 7,640 mg of Omega 3, plus you also get Omega 6 and Omega 9. I like to take 1 tablespoon straight and then drink juice or coffee afterwards. I have also used it with small serving of low fat cottage cheese, add a few blueberries and 1 tablespoon of the Flax Oil. Makes a good, healthy breakfast!

Posted on Nov 28, 2022

Super fresh and love the way it is dispensed. So easy to measure out the exact amount of oil with zero spillage. Really excellent quality. Every time I try to buy flaxseed oil in the store, even though it's in a dark bottle and organic and the expiry date is well down the road, it's always rancid. Happy to have finally found a high quality fresh source! Will continue to buy.

Posted on Nov 13, 2022

Helps your ALA, which is an important ingredient for your Omega-3. Barlean's products are of a high quality. It is fresh cold pressed for maximum nutrition. I liked that the product was shipped quickly at a fair price, and that it is organic. I like that it is very fresh flax oil. Some people use it as part of the "Budwig Protocol" to fight cancer.

Posted on Sep 23, 2022

Purchased for seasoning my cast iron pans. All the die-hard homesteaders swear by it and use this brand. I have used it in the past as well. Personally I am not a fan of using it to eat, but will conquer the taste because I know how healthy it is for me.

Posted on Sep 11, 2022

Easy way to add omegas to my regimen. Gluten free is a must in my supplements as well as organic and Non GMO ingredients. The quality of this oil is superior to anything else I have tried, I love that this product mixes easily into my favorite morning beverage. Thank you!

Posted on Apr 6, 2022

Posted on Feb 23, 2022

Posted on Feb 23, 2022

IT always tastes good. I bought both small and large bottles. Small one is easier to store (find a spot for) in the frig. But the bigger one is more economical. I like both of them and will use both. I do wish it was an option to buy in glass bottle but its not with this company. So I might try another company that I found that offers it in a glass bottle as I'm concerned about leaching plastic chemicals into the oil. I am using this for the Budwig protocal (blending with cottage cheese) it tastes really good. When you open the lid the inside has this little hole so you have press bottle and squeeze hard to squeeze out the oil (you don't just pour it out) - I measure 1 Table spoon at a time.