MD

Posted on Mar 27, 2022

Chewy pearled barley comes with a natural taste. I soak it for 2 hours then cook it in a rice cooker. Very easy in preparation. Usually I cook a big pot of pearled barley with brown rice or quinoa and keep it in fridge. I eat it with greens or hot soup that is comforting and nutritious.

Posted on Mar 12, 2022

Not bad! Doesn't state the origin of the pearled barley, and with the lower standard that comes with USDA-organic, I'll be on the lookout for better quality barley. Package is resealable, and with the small size, it lasts for about 6-8 meals. Great for soups and good source of fiber and niacin.

Posted on Nov 4, 2021

Bought this one for my mom to roast and make barley tea, she drinks it to help with her acid reflux. It's difficult to find roasted organic barley, so she makes it herself . The fragrance is so nice.

Posted on Jul 22, 2022

Since it’s organic I use it to bring down my uncle’s pressure. He soaks it at night in water and drinks the water in the morning. The barley you can boil and prepare for breakfast.

Posted on Jun 29, 2022

I prefer to use organic products and was delighted to find the Arrowhead barley. The package is resealable, which is a plus. The barley is high quality and I add it to homemade soups.

Posted on May 11, 2022

I'm eating barley for the soluble fiber and as an alternative to high-arsenic rice. I enjoy the texture of this, and I haven't noticed any signs of digestive discomfort. I will continue to eat this as a part of my grains rotation(oats, rice, buckwheat, barley).

Posted on Aug 25, 2021

A little goes a long way. One cup is more than enough for one person. I batch cook this and have throughout the week. Really good to take on other flavours

Posted on Jun 29, 2021

Great to make salads or add in as a topping for dishes to give extra texture. Cooking time can be long and I boil 1 cup barley to 5 cups water in low heat, 50 minutes. After cooking, I’ll make a drink out of the slightly thickened excess barley water by adding 2/3 cubes of rock sugar and ginger!

Posted on Apr 14, 2022

Good texture and flavor for soup, or with tomato as salad