The Health Benefits of Taking a Mineral Bath
This blog has not been approved by your local health department and is not intended to provide diagnosis, treatment, or medical advice.
A mineral bath is a hot bath that is mixed with a rich blend of essential minerals. These baths can be naturally occurring, heated with mineral-rich rocks or created using Epsom salts. Mineral baths are often used for their therapeutic benefits and may help ease a number of ailments in the body.
Mineral baths provide an amazing way to relieve stress. Not only does the heat from the water help relax tense muscles, but the minerals also actively help the body in relaxation. Studies have shown that minerals like magnesium and calcium may promote calmness, balance the nervous system and help the muscles release the acidic byproducts built up from moving and working out.
The Benefits of a Mineral Bath Soak
Research on mineral baths has shown the following health benefits:
- Increase blood flow and circulation – The heat from the hot bath will open up blood vessels and increase circulation in the body. This is fantastic for absorbing the essential minerals and may help improve skin by allowing the healthy minerals to pass through and bring blood to the surface. Increased circulation can also help with skin repair, reducing dryness or irritation, and help soothe aches.
- Help treat digestive disease – The practice of using mineral baths to combat diseases has been around for a very long time and has been used all around the world. Magnesium in a mineral bath, which is easily absorbed through the skin, is associated with relieving constipation. Other conditions, such as irritation, stress or tension-related intestinal discomforts, may also be relieved.
- Prevent mineral deficiencies – It is quite common for a person to become deficient in one or more essential minerals - Read more on 5 common mineral deficiencies. These minerals are essential to cellular processes and maintaining health. A regular soak in a mineral bath may help prevent these deficiencies and allow the body to maintain itself more efficiently.
Relaxing Homemade Lavender Mineral Bath Recipe
It's easy to enjoy a mineral bath at home with a few simple ingredients. Here is an easy recipe to create a homemade mineral bath.
- Combine the ingredients in a jar or small container.
- Shake well or mix with a spoon.
- Dissolve about 2 to 3 tablespoons of the mixture into the bath water.
- Relax and enjoy.